Course Duration: approximately 3 months of learning and assessment, with up to 6 months to complete the course (Self-Paced)
Leave the training to others and focus your skills on assessing competence in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector! This course has been designed to train you on how to effectively design and review the quality of assessment tools within a VET context and how to conduct competency-based assessments. By completing this skill set, you can put some life into assessments all whilst adhering to the standards and requirements needed to ensure assessments are compliant.
Achievement of this skill set by trainers is a requirement of Clause 1.15 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 should you wish to conduct assessments only.
- Who Should Do This Course?
Possible job roles relevant to this skill set include:
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Assessor
- Workplace Assessor
- Training Adviser/Training Needs Analyst
- Delivery Mode
iLearn eCollege utilises online training, self-paced study, and distance-based assessing. Features of our delivery mode include:
- Pre-recorded webinars,
- Assessments submitted via online portal,
- Self-paced study – no class room timetables.
- Entry Requirements
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is a 10-character string unique to you which is needed to undertake nationally recognised training with iLearn eCollege, such as applying into this program. Click HERE to create a USI.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator Tool
The LLN Indicator Tool may be required once you have applied for the course. The LLN Indicator Tool is used for us to determine whether you require any additional support with your course and how to enhance your student experience.
Student Liaison Officer Contact
One of our Student Liaison Officer’s will contact you soon after you have made your enrolment application. We would like to discuss the course with you further, including information about the entry requirements, course structure, assessments, etc.
This skill set contains 4 units of competency. iLearn eCollege have clustered some units together into 3 different modules, as per the below learning pathway:
Topic Module Unit code and title Planning Assessments Module 1 TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes, and
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
Conducting Assessments Module 2 TAEASS402 Assess competence Validation Module 3 TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
The course duration is 3 months of learning and assessment, with up to 6 months to complete the course from the day your course commences, giving you time to fulfil all necessary training requirements (see below). We understand that life can sometimes get in the way of your studies, so to help keep you on track, we will provide you with a comprehensive Training Plan.
- Amount of Training
The amount of training required to complete this course comprises three items:
- Self-paced study hours
- Pre-recorded webinar sessions
- Assessment hours
1. Self-paced study hours
Theory before practice! Self-paced study refers to the time required to read and understand the course content before tackling the formal assessments. Note that some modules will require more self-paced study due to the nominal hours required. To complete activities within your assessments, you will be required to undertake additional independent research. This includes researching training and assessment websites, government websites, and published articles relating to the VET sector.
For a comprehensive breakdown of the amount of self-paced study hours, please refer to the Information Pack.
2. Pre-recorded webinar sessions
All students will have access to all 8 pre-recorded webinar sessions via the online portal. The webinars act as additional study material aimed at exploring training and assessment concepts in further detail.
3. Assessment hours
Assessment hours refers to the expected time you should allocate towards completing the assessment activities in each module, such as written questions, case studies, and projects. Every module is different, and some modules will take longer to complete than others. The overall time taken to complete these assessments will also depend on other factors, such as time commitment and familiarity with the course content. If you would like a breakdown of the estimated assessment hours, please refer to the Information Pack.
Every good trainer and assessor needs to demonstrate good oral communication and interpersonal skills, and the projects in your course are where you can showcase these skills! As such, each project will require the assistance of participants, who can be friends, family members, work colleagues, etc. Refer to the below table for more details.
Module Unit/s of competency Access to participants Module 1 TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes, and
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools (cluster)
Project 1 – access to 1 participant
Project 2 – access to 1 participant
Module 2 TAEASS402 Assess competence Project 1 – access to 1 participant
Project 2 – access to 4 participants
Module 3 TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation Project 1 – access to 1 participant
Completing this course requires research, independent study and some practical tasks for particular units. Assessment of many units of competency from the TAE Training and Education Training Package requires access to a ‘practice environment’ where students have the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and knowledge with learners in real learning contexts. For many of the units and qualifications in the package this includes having access to a suitable practice environment where students have access to a learner cohort and time to develop their practice with learners. The practice environment should be as realistic as possible and should reflect the environment in which students will be practising in future. However, iLearn eCollege is able to provide students with access to a simulated workplace that gives the learner the opportunity to meet the following critical criteria:
- Quality – The work is of the standard required for entry into the industry.
- Productivity – The work is performed within a timeframe appropriate for entry to the industry.
- Safety – The work is performed in a manner that meets industry safety standards.
Assessment activities are realistic and reasonable in terms of scale. Assessment conducted under simulated conditions reflect those typically found in the workplace.
- Course Requirements
To complete this course, we suggest that each potential student has basic computer skills such as sending an email, using a printer and scanner, using Microsoft Office programs, and internet skills to undertake online research.
You will need to ensure you have access to the following technological resources:
- Stable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 3mbps. Go to www.speedtest.net to perform a speed test on your internet connection,
- An email account – Can be created through Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail,
- Microsoft Office (2010 version or later) – must include Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Compatible operating systems – Windows 8 and higher, or MAC,
- Current version of a web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox,
- Latest version of Adobe Reader,
- Video recording device that produces clear footage and audio,
- Desktop computer or laptop,
- Printer and scanner,
- Learning Resources
Your learning resources will include:
- Student Workbooks (assessments),
- Appendix Templates and Samples,
- Learner Manual (contains the course content),
- A knowledge bank full of resources such as industry fact sheets,
- Access to pre-recorded webinars and online discussion forums,
- Access to TrainingRTO – a simulated RTO designed by iLearn eCollege.
- Educational and Support Services
iLearn eCollege offers a range of educational and support services available to students who require additional assistance with their course. Examples of these services are listed below.
Learner need Method of support offered by iLearn eCollege Language barriers
- Explain concepts in clear terms over the telephone
- Enlarge the font size of learning materials
- Allow students to be orally assessed
- Allow students to be assessed in person at the office of iLearn eCollege by an assessor
- Pre-recorded webinars
- Online discussion forums
iLearn eCollege has a dedicated Administration Department which provides administrative support to enrolled students. Contact may be made by email at email@example.com or by telephone (07) 5689 5070 during business hours.
During your enrolment period, your trainer is available to support you, either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (07) 5689 5070 during business hours. There is no additional cost to speak with a trainer, as trainer support is included in your course fee. Our trainers are passionate industry experts who are available to guide you through your learning experience.
- Examples of Learning Materials
- Fee Information
The course fee of $495.00 is inclusive of the following items:
- Learning and assessment resources
- Trainer and assessor support by phone and email
- Up to 6 months to complete the course
- Additional support services (where applicable)
- Statement of Attainment issuance (does not include replacement Statement of Attainment)
- RPL applications and credit transfers applications
Payment for the course can be made by:
- MasterCard and Visa Card
- Telephone payment for credit card payments
- Purchase Order
- Bank deposit – see details below
You may directly deposit your course fee into the account detailed below. Please ensure you reference your payment with your full name. Alternatively, if depositing cash, please reference your mobile telephone number:
- Account Name: QLD Training Association Pty Ltd t/as iLearn eCollege
- Bank: Commonwealth Bank
- BSB: 064-474
- Account Number: 1059 0593
Once a prospective student has enrolled and paid for a course offered by iLearn eCollege, each individual is entitled to exercise their right as a consumer in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
For more information about our Refund Policy, you can refer to the Student Handbook.