Course Duration: approximately 6 months of learning and assessment, with up to 12 months to complete the course (Self-Paced)
Please note that this page is dedicated to our Payment Plan option of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course. For more details about the EziDebit option, visit our Payment Plan page or scroll down to the Fee Information (EziDebit) tab.
Payment of a non-refundable establishment fee of $199.00 with your enrolment application, followed by twenty six (26) weekly payments of $41.96. (Total financial commitment $1,290.00).
Educate yourself while learning how to educate others! Pass on your extensive industry skills and knowledge by developing your training and assessing abilities within a competency based system. This course has been designed to train you, the future trainer, how to train and assess individuals in a vocational education and training context. By completing this qualification, you will learn how to realise a student’s potential by giving them the best training and assessment experience possible through efficient learning program design, effective delivery of content, and compliant assessment practices.
Achievement of this qualification by trainers is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- Who Should Do This Course?
Possible job roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer and Assessor
- Corporate/Enterprise Trainer
- Workplace Assessor
- Training Adviser/Training Needs Analyst
- TAFE Teacher
- Delivery Mode
iLearn eCollege utilises online training, self-paced study, and distance-based assessing. Features of our delivery mode include:
- Pre-recorded webinars,
- Assessments submitted via online portal,
- Self-paced study – no class room timetables.
- Entry Requirements
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is a 10-character string unique to you which is needed to undertake nationally recognised training with iLearn eCollege, such as applying into this program. Click HERE to create a USI.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator Tool
The LLN Indicator Tool may be required once you have applied for the course. The LLN Indicator Tool is used for us to determine whether you require any additional support with your course and how to enhance your student experience.
Student Liaison Officer Contact
One of our Student Liaison Officer’s will contact you soon after you have made your enrolment application. We would like to discuss the course with you further, including information about the entry requirements, course structure, assessments, etc.
To demonstrate evidence of vocational competency, you will be required to complete a short questionnaire describing your vocational experience, qualifications you may have completed, and any professional development activities.
This qualification comprises 10 units of competency, including 9 core units, and 1 elective unit. iLearn eCollege have clustered some units together into 6 different modules, as per the below learning pathway:
Topic Module Unit code and title Design Module 1 TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs, and TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (cluster) Language, literacy and numeracy Module 2 TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills Delivery Module 3 TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning, TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace, and BSBCMM401 Make a presentation (cluster) Planning Assessments Module 4 TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes, and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools (cluster) Conducting Assessments Module 5 TAEASS402 Assess competence Validation Module 6 TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
The course duration is 6 months of learning and assessment, with up to 12 months to complete the course from the day your course commences, giving you time to fulfil all necessary training requirements (see below). We understand that life can sometimes get in the way of your studies, so to help keep you on track, we will provide you with a comprehensive Training Plan.
- Amount of Training
The amount of training required to complete this course comprises three items:
- Self-paced study hours
- Pre-recorded webinar sessions
- Assessment hours
1. Self-paced study hours
Theory before practice! Self-paced study refers to the time required to read and understand the course content before tackling the formal assessments. Note that some modules will require more self-paced study due to the nominal hours and volume of learning required. To complete activities within your assessments, you will be required to undertake additional independent research. This includes researching training and assessment websites, government websites, and published articles relating to the VET sector.
For a comprehensive breakdown of the amount of self-paced study hours, please refer to the Information Pack.
2. Pre-recorded webinar sessions
All students will have access to all 8 pre-recorded webinar sessions via the online portal. The webinars act as additional study material aimed at exploring training and assessment concepts in further detail.
3. Assessment hours
Assessment hours refers to the expected time you should allocate towards completing the assessment activities in each module, such as written questions, case studies, and projects. Every module is different, and some modules will take longer to complete than others. The overall time taken to complete these assessments will also depend on other factors, such as time commitment and familiarity with the course content. If you would like a breakdown of the estimated assessment hours, please refer to the Information Pack.
Every good trainer and assessor needs to demonstrate good oral communication and interpersonal skills, and the projects in your course are where you can showcase these skills! As such, each project will require the assistance of participants, who can be friends, family members, work colleagues, etc. Refer to the below table for more details.
Module Unit/s of competency Access to participants Module 1 TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs, and
TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (cluster)
Project 1 – access to 1 participant
Project 2 – access to 1 participant
Module 2 TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills Project 1 – access to 1 real vocational learner* Module 3 TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning, TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace, and
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation (cluster)
Project 1 – access to at least 8 participants
Project 2 – access to at least 8 participants
Project 3 – access to 2 different participants
Module 4 TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes, and
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools (cluster)
Project 1 – access to 1 participant
Project 2 – access to 1 participant
Module 5 TAEASS402 Assess competence Project 1 – access to 1 participant
Project 2 – access to 4 participants
Module 6 TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation Project 1 – access to 1 participant
*The term real vocational learner refers to an individual who is looking to undertake training for employment or future employment purposes. A person who has recently enrolled with an RTO but has not commenced the course would be a suitable participant. Alternatively, individuals who are looking to start a nationally recognised course, such as work colleagues or family members are also considered real vocational learners.
Volume of Learning
The volume of learning for the TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment as a Learning and Assessment pathway is 534 – 619 hours. This may vary according to prior skills and knowledge. On average if you were to allocate a minimum of 12 hours per week to study you may be able to complete the course in 6 -12 months.
iLearn eCollege specialises in quality delivery for TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment and this course is the minimum requirement for all VET practitioners as per the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
Completing this course requires research, independent study and some practical tasks for particular units. Assessment of many units of competency from the TAE Training and Education Training Package requires access to a ‘practice environment’ where students have the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and knowledge with learners in real learning contexts. For many of the units and qualifications in the package this includes having access to a suitable practice environment where students have access to a learner cohort and time to develop their practice with learners. The practice environment should be as realistic as possible and should reflect the environment in which students will be practising in future. However, iLearn eCollege is able to provide students with access to simulated scenarios that gives them the opportunity to meet the following critical criteria:
- Quality – The work is of the standard required for entry into the industry.
- Productivity – The work is performed within a timeframe appropriate for entry to the industry.
- Safety – The work is completed in a manner that meets industry safety standards.
Assessment activities are realistic and reasonable in terms of scale. Assessment conducted under simulated conditions reflect those typically found in the workplace.
- Course Requirements
To complete this course, we suggest that each potential student has basic computer skills such as sending an email, using a printer and scanner, using Microsoft Office programs, and internet skills to undertake online research.
You will need to ensure you have access to the following technological resources:
- Stable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 3mbps. Go to www.speedtest.net to perform a speed test on your internet connection,
- An email account – Can be created through Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail,
- Microsoft Office (2010 version or later) – must include Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Compatible operating systems – Windows 8 and higher, or MAC,
- Current version of a web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox,
- Latest version of Adobe Reader,
- Video recording device that produces clear footage and audio,
- Desktop computer or laptop,
- Printer and scanner,
- Learning Resources
Your learning resources will include:
- Student Workbooks (assessments),
- Appendix Templates and Samples,
- Learner Manual (contains the course content),
- A knowledge bank full of resources such as industry fact sheets,
- Access to pre-recorded webinars and online discussion forums,
- Access to TrainingRTO – a simulated RTO designed by iLearn eCollege.
- Educational and Support Services
iLearn eCollege offers a range of educational and support services available to students who require additional assistance with their course. Examples of these services are listed below.
Learner need Method of support offered by iLearn eCollege Language barriers
- Explain concepts in clear terms over the telephone
- Enlarge the font size of learning materials
- Allow students to be orally assessed
- Allow students to be assessed in person at the office of iLearn eCollege by an assessor
- Pre-recorded webinars
- Online discussion forums
iLearn eCollege has a dedicated Administration Department which provides administrative support to enrolled students. Contact may be made by email at email@example.com or by telephone (07) 5689 5070 during business hours.
During your enrolment period, your trainer is available to support you, either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (07) 5689 5070 during business hours. There is no additional cost to speak with a trainer, as trainer support is included in your course fee. Our trainers are passionate industry experts who are available to guide you through your learning experience.
- Examples of Learning Materials
- Fee Information (EziDebit)
Prefer to pay off your course? iLearn eCollege offers an interest-free payment plan option for students enrolling into the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course. Conditions of the payment plan include:
- Payment of a non-refundable establishment fee of $199.00 with your enrolment application, followed by twenty six (26) weekly payments of $41.96. (Total financial commitment $1,290.00).
- Signing an EziDebit Direct Debit Request form to authorise weekly direct payments from either your credit card or your bank account. iLearn eCollege will email you a pre-filled EziDebit Direct Debit link.
- By opting to pay your course fees via a payment plan, you also agree to the EziDebit terms and conditions. EziDebit will charge the following fees to the student:
- Amex credit card transaction fee – 3.8% each time
- SMS Payment Reminder – $0.28 each time (applies if you select the field: ‘I authorise EziDebit to remind me of upcoming debits via SMS’)
- The interest free payment plan option is available for individual enrolment into the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment full qualification. Fees for enrolment into skill sets, single units, combination of units, and upgrade enrolments need to be paid upfront and in full.
- This payment option is not available for purchase order/company enrolments.
- Ezibebit can only process payments from Australian Bank Accounts and Australian Credit Cards.
Failed payment fees apply and are imposed by EziDebit. Refer to the EziDebit terms and conditions. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds in their nominated bank account or credit card, prior to the payment being made. Access to training materials, support services and the online learning system will discontinue if instalment payments are not received by iLearn eCollege in accordance with the debit arrangement.
Note: Special offers, discounts, and sale prices are not available under the payment plan option.
Upfront payment option
Please click HERE for fee information regarding our upfront payment option.
Once a prospective student has enrolled and paid for a course offered by iLearn eCollege, each individual is entitled to exercise their right as a consumer in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
For more information about our Refund Policy, you can refer to the Student Handbook.